Wednesday, February 24, 2010

The Photos Are In!

What a crazy week it's been so far! Who got to experience the snow in Austin and other Texas cities?

Well, if you recall, last Wednesday I mentioned my goal of more than doubling the readership of this blog by the same time the following week. It's that time, and while readership hasn't quite doubled (my fault, for neglecting to post daily), it HAS increased a fair bit. Last Wednesday, the blog had nearly 450 page views. As of right now, those page views have jumped to more than 750! Not a bad gain, and the day's not over yet. Share the link to this blog with your friends, coworkers, and family via your social networking sites or good old-fashioned word of mouth. I'm confident we can get 150 more views by tonight! And by next week, I'm making the ambitious goal of doubling page views again.

In other news, Courtney Sames came through for me big time on photos to use in my Pepsi grant application. Through the photos and the rest of the application, I hope viewers and voters everywhere will be moved enough by Laredo's story to vote for this project. $250,000 will go a LONG way toward actualizing this dream--and achieving funding through other grant organizations, financial institutions, and/or the Small Business Association.

I have to run to a meeting, but I wanted to quickly update you all first. I'll post again tonight with an example of two of Courtney's beautiful work . . . and a few other updates!

No comments:

Post a Comment