Wednesday, February 24, 2010

The Word Is Spreading

As promised, here are a couple of photos that I'll be using in my Pepsi Refresh grant application, courtesy of Courtney Loving Sames. How did she even get this shot, which is adorably called "Little Offering"?!



And I love this one:



There are four more that I have up my sleeve, thanks to Courtney. The application will be online on Monday, and I'll give you the direct link then. I can't wait for you all to see--and, of course, vote for it!--when it's complete.

In other news, we're only about 70 pageviews shy from accomplishing the goal of doubling them from last week to this one. I'm so excited about that! And next week at this time, I hope that we'll double them again to reach 1,800.

Also, according to Google Analytics (which I of course check obsessively), word of these efforts is spreading not just past Laredo, or Texas, but past the United States! Readers from Mexico, the UK, Hong Kong, Singapore, Pakistan, Australia, and more are all tuning in. That is beyond inspiring to me. Thank you all for your support.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Katie~
    I think it's great what you're trying to do for the city of Laredo!
    I hope to have a free moment soon to sit and read your blog from the beginning.

    Blessings~
    Marie
    (a friend of Colin's)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulaitons on this initiative, Katie.
    We need to get books to this community and I´ll be happy to support your efforts.
    Are you on Twitter? I highly advice that you use it, search for the #latism hashtag and follow as many as you can as there are many influential leaders who can help spread the word. I already tweeted your link.
    Find me at http://Twitter.com/spanglishbaby and we´ll get the word out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marie, thank you! I know you blog as well, don't you? I'd love to get your opinion on the blog so far. :) Also hope to meet you guys soon!

    Ana, thank you so much! I'm following you on Twitter and am about to do a search for #latism now. I so appreciate your help! I'd love to speak with you some more about how we can work together on this!

    ReplyDelete