Sunday, February 14, 2010

Social Media Love


It's been less than a week since I started this blog--and only four days since I've been tracking visitor stats with Google Analytics--and I've already been so encouraged by the responses I've been getting via Facebook, Twitter, and e-mail. So encouraged, in fact, that I thought I'd share a few with you:

Since late Wednesday night (2/10), there have been nearly 450 page views and nearly 300 unique visitors to this blog. And the visitors span Texas, both coasts, some southern and midwestern states, and Australia. That's a pretty exciting start!

Via Twitter:

"My wife and I are from Ldo and cant tell u enough what we think of your efforts Hope you achieve your dream we r wkng on ours"
"The world needs more indie bookstores!"
"For those of you not already in the know: @KatieGPainter is opening a bookstore in Laredo, TX. Take that, pessimistic journalists!"

Via Facebook:

"I just got caught up on your blog... WOW.. not only an amazing plan.. but you are an amazing woman.. and a champion for those of us that grew up with a book never leaving our hands..."
"Good luck, Katie! Let me know if you need an extra set of eyes for the [grant] application; I'll be glad to help in any way I can."
"Inspiring, Katie, we're behind you all the way!"
"Make a Provocation and Privacy facebook fan page."

And email:

"Unreal.....Had no idea that there is no bookstore in the largest city in the U.S. I know the importance of reading and it has been an escape for me to go to a book store and just zone out and enjoy the feeling you get from reading. Coming from a family that had a brother that could not read or write saddens me that the city has no access to a book store. I will support you Katie anyway I can. Your blog is amazing. Thank you for stepping up to this challenge."

My goal is to more than double the page views and visitors by this time next week, and then double them again the week afterward and so on. You can help by posting a link to this blog on your Facebook page, adding me on Twitter and then retweeting my posts about the blog, and/or sending an e-mail to friends and family with the link. I've said it before, but it bears repeating: The more people who feel invested in the creation of this bookstore from the beginning, the higher the likelihood of its success and longevity.

Thanks for all your support--and happy Valentine's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment